Sunday, December 12, 2010

Star light, star bright ….


Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

Stars have, for centuries, guided sailors throughout their journeys. Stars have been wished upon by small children, and adults, alike. The light we see from stars travels trillions of miles to reach our eyes. It is a glimpse of the past; from a place far away and long ago; from a time and place we will never be able to personally witness. We look upon a shining star in the night sky and we wish upon its magical presence. Star light IS amazing.

The physical aspects of our lives and our bodies change moment by moment. Were we a trillion miles away, by the time we saw our own reflection, we would have already become someone else many times over. The challenges of today, the sorrows, the joys, would have passed, evolved, and been repeated. Remember this when you are surrounded by darkness. All things become new again …

As we head towards the end of 2010 and into 2011, I reflect on the fact that life is ever changing. I look at humanity in search of each individual’s ‘light’. Everyone has the ability to shine – an inner strength, a gift perhaps yet undiscovered. When I look for that light in a person, I see their purity, their humanity...the place we are all inherently good; where we each know we have value; where we each feel loved. Deep inside of all of us, there is such a place. It is easy to look for it in others, and forget to see it within ourselves.

Remember to see the light, the goodness, and the essence of humanity within all of those you meet; remember to see it in yourself! I am in awe of the magnificence of life and the abundance of love I see in all of you. I am truly blessed with your friendship.

I have no need to wish upon a light that has traversed the universe; I am basking in the light you have ‘shone’ on me. Namaste my friends…one and all.


Louise
2010

No comments: